The Department of Surgery has 12 fully qualified members of faculty working in 4 units. The surgeons are rich in experience and knowledge and there is a constant endeavor to update them.
Opd And Wards
The out-patient department is run on all 7 days of the week. There are separate male and female general wards, in addition to private wards and deluxe rooms. There are separate areas earmarked to care the acutely ill, burns cases and infected case.
• International advanced Trauma Life Support(ATLS) protocol is followed.
• A surgeon on duty within the hospital premises at all times.
• 2 surgeons are residing within the hospital campus and can be called in times of need.
• Well equipped Emergency department.
• Dedicated trauma care
• Trained nursing and paramedical personnel.
• Excellent team of radiologists and services like X-ray, Ultra sound scan, Colour Doppler and CT scan available round the clock.
• Other diagnostic services like Biochemistry, Pathology, and Microbiology are of the highest caliber.
• Licensed blood bank, which can provide blood and blood products at all times
The centrally air-conditioned operation theatre complex consists of multiple theatres with the state of the art equipments. The entire spectrum of surgical work is done. All the surgeons perform cancer surgeries and use specialized equipments including staplers. The surgeons are well supported by the Department of Anesthesia
Common Surgeries Performed
• Hernia and Hydrocoele
• Breast problems including cancer
• Thyroid diseases
• All abdominal organ surgeries
• Varicose vein operations
• Piles, Fissures, Fistula
• Head and Neck cancer surgery and reconstruction
• Oesophageal resections
• Pancreatic surgeries
• Colon and Rectal cancer resections
• Portal hypertension
The entire department is trained to perform laparoscopic surgeries. These surgeries are done with a view to provide less discomfort to the patient and earlier discharge. All procedures such as cholecystectomies, hernia repair, appendicectomies, adhesiolysis and other latest and the most sophisticated harmonic scalpel has also been procured to facilitate better surgeries. Gastrointestinal endoscopic work is also undertaken. The surgical intensive care ward is a sophisticated unit with facilities to provide the best possible care. All equipments for life support and monitoring are there. There are facilities for artificial ventilation.
There is an excellent coordination with all the specialty departments like Orthopaedics, Plastic surgery, Urology, Paediatric surgery, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic surgery and Medical specialties to provide holistic care to the patient.
Dr.S.Premkumar MS (Prof. & HOD)
Dr.Vimalkumar Govindan MS, FRCS (Professor)
Dr.T.S.Balashanmugam MS (Professor)
Dr.M.G.Mahendran MS (Professor)
Dr.S.Rajeshkumar MS (Professor)
Dr.Sunay Narsihma Bhat MS (Asst. Prof)
Dr.S.V.Arunprasath MS (Asst.Prof)
Dr.P.Viswakumar MS (Asst.Prof)
Dr.S.R.Raja MS (Asst.Prof)
Dr.D.Priya MS (Asst.Prof)
Dr.M.Muruganand MS (Sr Resident )
Dr.S.Balamurugan MS (Sr Resident )
Dr.M.Deepan Chakravarthy MS (Sr Resident )