Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Offers a wide spectrum of services. It is a referral centre for high risks obstetric cases.
• Antenatal clinic on all days of the week.
• Facilities for high risk pregnancies like heart disease and jaundice in pregnancy
• A well equipped labour ward with specialists on duty 24 hours a day.
• Facilities for continuous monitoring of both mother and baby.
• A well equipped new born intensive care unit to manage all problems like preterm babies and birth asphyxia.
• Special Clinics for problems like bad obstetric history, repeated abortions, genetic problems etc.
• A modern blood bank with facilities for components is open 24 hours a day.
• All investigation facilities under one roof.
• Infertility clinic for diagnosing and treatment of couples who are unable to conceive.
• Diagnostic facilities like hysteroscopy (vasascope) to visualize the uterine cavity for infertility, excessive bleeding and amenorrhea.
• Facilities for all major gynaecological surgery like cancer of the uterus or ovary and other tumours of the uterus.
• Modern operation theatres with a well equipped surgical ICU.
• Various treatment modalities are offered for patients with excessive bleeding like
• Medical treatment
• Endometrial ablation
Thermo choice is a new device that offers patients the advantage of treating excessive bleeding as an outpatient procedure with minimal anaesthesia. The patients can return to normal work in 2 days.
• Facilities for laparoscopic surgery for conditions like ovarian tumour or ectopic pregnancy. This has the advantage of having a small scar, less post operative discomfort and a shorter stay in the hospital.
• Cancer screening clinic for early detection of cancer cervix. Facilities for treatment of precancerous lesions of the cervix like cryotherapy and LEEP.
• Facilities for diagnosis and treatment of problems after menopause.
• Family planning clinic on all days a week with facilities for counseling regarding temporary and permanent methods of contraception.
• To meet the special needs of pregnant women and certain gynaec problems, these clinics are supported by a dietary clinic, yoga for prenatal women and for weight reduction and physiotherapy facilities.
A subspecialty that focuses on Urologic problems in women mainly due to childbirth or gynaec surgeries.
Dr.Seetha Panicker MD, DGO, DNB (Prof. & HOD)
Dr.T.V.Chitra MD DGO, DNB (Professor)
Dr.Reena Abraham MD, DGO (Professor)
Dr.K.Kanchanamalai MD (Professor)
Dr. S. Latha Maheswari DGO, DNB (Professor)
Dr.K.Balasudha DGO, DNB (Professor)
Dr.T.Ramya MD, DGO (Asso. Prof)
Dr.Chippy Tess Mathew MS (Asso. Prof)
Dr.C.Poornima MD (Asso. Prof)
Dr. Meena priyadharshini MD (Asso. Prof)
Dr.N.Lalitha MD (Asst. Prof)
Dr.S. Maheswari MD (Asst.Prof)
Dr.A. Poorani Devi MD (Asst.prof)
Dr.Sabnis Shraddha Sandeep MBBS,DGO (Sr Resident)
Dr.L.Krishna Priya MS (Sr Resident)
Dr. Anupriya MD (Sr Resident)
Dr. Sumangali MS (Sr Resident)
Dr.Vijaya Jothi.T MD (Sr Resident)
Dr.Uthra Priyadarshini.D MD (Sr Resident)